Sunday, February 7, 2016

Just Once More

I tend to reflect back on good and bad times in my life. I have had the fortune of not having too many bad times to look back on-but it is still early in the game. These bad times can include a death, failure meanwhile the good times can mean my first kiss, academic accomplishment, or becoming an aunt. The good times out weigh the bad times, and I am thankful for that. I can reflect back and not see  bad times and hate and defeat only. It is not like that for everyone, but it is for me.

I have been watching a show lately on Netflix-Parenthood-and realize I want to someday leave behind a little something for this world, a little something to say I created, and a little something to form into its own. That could mean reproducing or something on the smaller scale of making a difference in someone's life. The show focuses on the struggles and trials when being a parent, and highlights a great family dynamic. There is a struggling mom, controlling mom, distant father, and a screw-up, but they all have love and have each others back. I can relate to the show because my family has so many personalities and likes/dislikes, but we all have love for each other that overcomes anything. I know when I look back years down the line I wouldn't change it for the world: the christmases, three day cookouts, church rituals, and sleepovers at my nanas. I got my mom and sister hooked on the show also, and they are almost caught up to me! It just shows the love families have-my family.

My grandfather passed away two years ago from  Cancer, and the show of course touched on that topic. One of the characters was diagnosed with breast cancer, and it bought the feelings back from two years ago.I am now not okay with death, but was before my grandfathers passing. The show showed me that life changes in the blink of an eye; that the moments we create are only one out of the many, and being in college especially showed me that.  It is okay though because life is a beautiful thing, and death is apart of the life cycle. That is why I want to leave something behind.

I just want to make sure I live life to the fullest. That may sound cliche, but it is true we need to accomplish dreams, and set goals. I cannot be afraid to step outside my comfort zone because that moment could be the last. My family is my favorite thing in the entire world, and I cannot wait to share even more great memories with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment